Xcede’s Data Science team are currently partnering with a company consistently voted as one of the best places to work over the past few years in helping them to find a new Big Data Technical Team Lead. The company are undergoing a major drive to improve the whole of their Big Data Engineering function and one of the core objectives of this role will be to help with the evolution of the Hadoop led division and running of the ops set-up.
• Strong background in Big Data, technologies such as HDFS, Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Map Reduce, Apache Pig, Hive, Sqoop, HBase and Oozie
• Strong Python programming skills
• Ability to Design QA, Production, Staging and Performance Environments in AWS.
• Provide guidance and direction to the off-sure team and follow best practices and drive towards business goals.
Career Benefits & Exciting Bits:
• 30 million monthly visitors across 70 countries in nearly 40 languages pose some rather interesting technical challenges!
• An opportunity to lead and build a brand new unit reporting into the CTO and Head of Data Science.
If you are interested in this or other Data Scientist or Data Engineering vacancies please contact Niall Wharton on email@example.com or +44(0)203 301 9908. Unfortunately, this position is only available to candidates eligible to work in the EU without sponsorship.
For all of our live Data Scientist positions in the UK please click here - https://www.xcede.co.uk/browse-jobs/permanent-jobs/uk-jobs/data-science-and-big-data-jobs/