Xcede’s Data Science team are working closely with one of the world’s most prestigious Management Consultancies who over the past three years have built a dedicated Data Science unit.
Their Science and Big Unit support case teams in managing and realizing insight and opportunity from the increasing analytical intensity of their clients' problems. Data Engineers, together with Data Scientists, Scientific Modellers, Scientific Programmers, Data Visualization Specialists as well Geospatial Analysts, are the core of the Analytics Solutions service.
They’re now looking for another consulting Senior Data Engineering specialist to add to the unit.
• Undergraduate degree in a field linked to data engineering, business analytics, applied mathematics, computer science, IT, computer applications, engineering or related field is required; advanced degree is preferred
• 2-4+ years relevant industry experience, focus on data engineering preferred
• Previous experience working in a global organization or professional services firm is preferred
Experience in core data engineering activities (one or more of the following):
o Database optimization (indexes, query optimization…)
o Data loading and management tools (SSIS, SSMS, SQL Workbench, Oracle SQL Developer…)
o Network analysis and Graph theory
o Data cleansing
o Data modelling (variable transformation & summarization, algorithm development, ...)
Familiarity with a broad base of analytics tools (one or more of the following):
o Data management: e.g. Excel, SQL Server, Amazon Redshift, Amazon S3, PostgreSql, Hadoop/Hive, Alteryx, neo4j, Teradata, Relational databases (MS Access, MS SQL Server etc.)
Programming and/or scripting experience a plus: e.g. SQL, Python, C#, Perl, Spark
Career Benefits & Exciting Bits:
• Working on a huge range of projects from a variety of sectors – it’s a great chance to boost your expertise in a number of areas and eventually specialise in your favourite.
• The company have a world class reputation – it’s a wonderful company to have on your CV!
If you are interested in this or other Data Scientist or Data Engineering vacancies please contact Niall Wharton on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)203 301 9908. Unfortunately, this position is only available to candidates eligible to work in the EU without sponsorship.
For all of our live Data Scientist positions in the UK please click here - https://www.xcede.co.uk/browse-jobs/permanent-jobs/uk-jobs/data-science-and-big-data-jobs/