Xcede’s Data Science team are working with a company who are truly trying to make the world better. By combining the latest technology with the knowledge and experience of the best doctors, they make healthcare simpler, more valuable, more accessible and more affordable for people everywhere.
Currently, they’re looking for a software engineer with natural language processing (NLP) experience to join the NLP team. You will be working on developing their market-leading healthcare products in their collaborative artificial intelligence (AI) team based in our central London office.
The future of the product is focused around utilizing AI solutions to revolutionize how we diagnose, treat and prevent diseases; your effort will contribute heavily to the services that the NLP, data science, and data architecture teams are building. You will help build and support great products across the company, as well as shaping their vision of an intelligent virtual assistant for the medical domain.
Your efforts will be directed towards working with the rest of the AI team, identifying solutions that can enhance their services by helping to build, deploy and maintain our information extraction (IE) pipeline. You will also help develop solutions that integrate that pipeline with other AI services, as well as leveraging that pipeline for other NLP-focused tasks such as transcription and translation tasks. Your role will also involve assisting the rest of the NLP team in building ETL processes for unstructured data from a wide variety of sources.
• Strong development skills, knowledge of Java and Python essential.
• Demonstrated experience with NLP technologies as an engineer and/or knowledge of major NLP tools, especially in information extraction (e.g. GATE/Stanford NLP, or custom solutions built on industry-leading tools such as NLTK).
• Experience delivering in a microservices architecture is a strong plus.
Career Benefits & Exciting Bits:
• Working in one of the most vital uses of Data Science out there – the work that you do could save lives.
• A team of the highest quality that continues to grow with specialisms in NLP, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Advanced Stats, and more (profiles available on request)
• A really fun working environment – they work hard but there are loads of fun social activities to take part in if you choose to!
If you are interested in this or other Data Scientist or Data Engineering vacancies please contact Niall Wharton on email@example.com or +44(0)203 301 9908. Unfortunately, this position is only available to candidates eligible to work in the EU without sponsorship.
For all of our live Data Scientist positions in the UK please click here - https://www.xcede.co.uk/browse-jobs/permanent-jobs/uk-jobs/data-science-and-big-data-jobs/