Xcede’s Data Science team are working with an advertising personalisation company who build products for human-driven analysis of real-world data focusing around the concept of identity as a real individual, rather than a customer. While the business focus is relatively straightforward, the technical aspect is fascinating; products must be powerful enough to handle messy data at enormous scales, but nimble enough to provide an intuitive experience for users with a wide range of analytical capabilities. My client is looking for someone who can help build these products in Senior capacity, and add to an already high quality Engineering unit.
You’re a strong software engineer. Regardless of which language used or learned, their engineers can write clean, effective code. They’ll train you in whatever you feel is missing from the below, so don’t be afraid to apply.
• Ideally a strong Scala user (we’ll look at Java users if you’re happy to learn Scala!)
• Spark (including GraphX), Akka experience.
• Cassandra, HDFS, MongoDB, S3, DynamoDB, Redshift
• EMR, Chef
• Git, Sbt
Career Benefits & Exciting Bits:
• Software engineers are the architects of every aspect of the company’s products, from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration.
• You’ll work with a team of extremely high quality Big Data Engineers, AI Specialists and Data Scientists (profiles available on request).
• This will set you up extremely well in the long term for Lead Data Engineer / Team Lead roles.
If you are interested in this or other Data Scientist / Data Engineering vacancies please contact Niall Wharton on email@example.com or +44(0)203 301 9908. Unfortunately, this position is only available to candidates eligible to work in the EU without sponsorship.
For all of our live Data Scientist positions in the UK please click here - https://www.xcede.co.uk/browse-jobs/permanent-jobs/uk-jobs/data-science-and-big-data-jobs/