Data Analyst (Google Analytics)
Length: 3 Months
Rate: £350PD - £400PD
Purpose of Role
The main purpose of the role is to drive problem solving throughout the organisation by providing digital data analysis, insights and curiosity-lead thinking.
You will also manipulate large data sets to understand reader behaviour, make product recommendations and deliver business value.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Partner with the commercial teams to understand their problems and challenges and provide the appropriate insight and analysis to solve those questions.
• Manage and respond to ad hoc data analytics requests ensuring that objectives are fully understood and that relevant data is delivered in a timely and professional way.
• Design, review and develop a suite of tailored dashboards and regular reports to inform commercial performance.
• Conduct in–depth analysis and commentary as required on guardian, guardian.jobs and guardian professional networks’ user behaviour and site performance, across a range of different platforms.
• Conduct and report on click-stream analysis, search analysis, AB /multivariate testing, gap analysis, ROI analysis and survey data integration.
• Keep abreast of site structure changes and make sure that any changes in site configuration and tagging are reflected in reporting output. Ensure that any resulting changes are communicated effectively to other analysts and all others who use analytics tools and reports/outputs.
• Work with other data sources, including but not limited to ABC, Hitwise, ComScore, UKOM and Madgex in order to provide complete insight on user behaviour and site performance and to provide background to the reported analytics data.
• Keep fully informed of developments in site measurement tools and employ the latest reporting techniques to ensure insight is delivered in a relevant, digestible, business focused, efficient and actionable way.
• Demonstrable experience in using data analytics (preferably Google Analytics) to understand audience behaviour and deliver business value
• Comfortable working with very large and complex data sets
• Experience of designing and managing A/B and Multivariate tests
• A passion for audience/consumer insight
• Experience of using web measurement tools (Hitwise, ComScore, Nielsen NetView etc.)
• Working knowledge of information architecture
• SEO, content optimisation, web site development experience
• An understanding of B2B reporting requirements
• Understanding/experience of the recruitment advertising market
• Proficient in writing SQL code for data extraction and manipulation from a large set of databases to support detailed user analytics
• Good knowledge of data visualisation techniques, demonstrating the ability to convey complex data clearly and succinctly
• Solid analytical skills for interpreting data and making meaningful recommendations/conclusions
• Knowledge of statistical programming – in particular R