Data Scientist / Python / NoSQL / Machine Learning / AWS / Production Enviornment
My client is hiring a new team of Data Scientists. Reporting into the Head of Machine
Learning, this is a fantastic opportunity. As a Data Scientist you will partner closely with tech and product teams to develop features for the website and apps, bringing data to bear in improving the experience for the customer base globally.
The focus will be on quarterly product feature development cycles, targeting defined metrics. While in your first quarter you will be supporting preexisting projects, the goal of the team is to drive product development strategy and thinking in this area.
Additionally you will:
- Partner closely with the Data Engineering team, with a focus on deploying models effectively into production at scale.
- The role will require interfacing with a Tech team working to production deadlines. Your project lifecycle will involve being part of the product development cycle, attending regular team standups and discussing work done.
- Taking on board feedback and ensuring models can be effectively deployed by our Tech team. - You will be comfortable exploring data to visualise and explain hypotheses and models.
Evidence of prior work in similar projects at scale is required:
- NLP Ontology learning & semantic classification
- Graph algorithms
- Neural networks
- AI as related to chat bots
- Recommender systems
- You will have a strong mathematical + compsci background in statistics and machine learning.
- You care about evaluation first, datadriven development and reliability.
- You feel confident extracting and manipulating data from our various SQL and NoSQL data stores and storage frameworks.
Toolsets can be varied. The most important tools will be the one for your specialization
above. For example, Theano / TensorFlow / Keras for NNs. Genererally the default
is to Python first, but R is also valuable and so is experience with SparkML / GraphX, Azure
ML, Amazon Machine Learning, Julia or Mahout. We need more than just R and Matlab.
Experience with Big Data Technologies are a definite plus: AWS systems (including
dynamoDB, elasticsearch, S3, SQS, Kinesis) or Spark / Storm / Hadoop / Kafka or Neo4j.
Most importantly you can explain how you used the technologies to build solutions.
Other pluses are: Experience with GIT or similar VCS