HADOOP / AZURE / DATA LAKE / HORTONWORKS /
My client based in London is looking for an experienced Big Data Developer to join their growing team.
The developer will work very closely with the Data Architect and with the Microsoft support team as well as alongside the data scientist in a series of sprints to achieve rapid results with a high degree of visibility.
This is an exciting and demanding role. The Senior Developer will play a key part in this project.
The key requirements for this role are:
- Development of data ingestion, data lake and data processing platform capability using Hadoop (preferably Hortonworks distribution) on Microsoft Azure. Particularly: MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, SQL.
- Development of data processing/refinement using Microsoft HDInsight, particularly Spark, R, MLib
- Working with Data Scientist in the development of predictive models using the above tech
- Experience in media industry would be advantageous but not essential
- Agile (Scrum) development