Big Data Architect (Java/Hadoop)
Key Skills: Java, Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Cassandra, AWS, Kafka, ETL, Tableau
This financial services business are looking for a Big Data Architect to lead the development of their digital data and analytics architecture. This newly created position will require the Big Data Architect to develop their highly scalable and versatile, real-time data management platform based around Hadoop. You will report to the Chief Analytics Officer.
This vacancy will offer someone with a Java, Hadoop and Big Data background a chance to work in in an impressive team, being involved in developing products that are able to deliver complex decisions in a matter of milliseconds!
The Big Data Architect will require:
- A very strong knowledge of Java development, alongside a preference and knowledge of data driven solutions
- A proven ability working with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, HBase, Spark and Cassandra)
- Extensive experience using AWS
- Deep understanding of relational data modelling methodologies (inc. dimensional modelling)
- Previous experience building message based architecture using Kafka