Data Quality Analyst / Data Profiling / SQL / Dashboards
My client based in London are looking for a Data Quality Analyst to join their expanding Data team.
As the data quality expert you will:
• Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and coordinate appropriate business leads to develop a data quality vision and strategy, providing recommendations, forming business cases and executing plans as necessary.
• Establish a comprehensive view of key business processes and data systems to ascertain how data is handled throughout its lifecycle, driving process improvement where it presents a risk to data quality.
• Identify and maintain a catalogue of data elements critical to the effective operations, defining and promoting a process for ensuring these critical elements are managed effectively throughout their lifecycle.
• Promptly escalate issues affecting critical data elements via the appropriate route, particularly with regards to sensitive data such as Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Personally Identifiable Financial Information (PIFI).
• Support stakeholders and business users to define data quality requirements, effectively balancing priorities and resources to inform solutions that meet their respective data quality aims.
• Empower business colleagues to become data stewards by coaching them to undertake business and quality rule specification, quality reporting and monitoring activities.
• Support the Data Governance Lead in ensuring data quality management function remains relevant by promoting successes and demonstrating return on investment for data quality activities.
• Support the broader team in master data management activities such as developing and maintaining data definitions, data dictionaries and taxonomies for critical data elements and sources.
• Provide tailored training on data quality management as necessary
• Proven experience of using data profiling and quality software to identify and report on data quality issues affecting master, reference and/or transactional data.
• Strong experience of marketing, selling and engaging senior stakeholders about data quality management through one-to-ones, workshops, demonstrations and presentations.
• Strong experience of build and maintaining partnerships with senior stakeholders, technical experts and business users.
• Proven experience of building and maintaining effective working relationships with data suppliers.
• Develop and implement, from scratch, robust data quality management processes, workflows and data remediation exercises through business projects.
• Excellent communication and presentational skills.
• A good appreciation of database management systems (DBMS) with an ability to write and understand simple SQL statements.
• Experience using Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to combine data from multiple sources when needed for analysis.
• Ability to write functional specifications, user stories, and business process documents according to a high standard.
• A proven ability to translate technical designs and constraints to understandable business concepts.
• Experience of handling master data including familliarisation with master data management software.
• Experience of producing targeted dashboards
• Knowledge of data governance and data management frameworks and role that data quality management plays in such frameworks.