Xcede are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist for a major national retailer based in Central London.
This is for a very large transformation programme moving away from SAS to an open source platform (Python).
You will be dealing with huge amounts of customer data and also be responsible for the associated analytics and reporting supporting business decisions.
Working with a team of Data Scientists this position will suit a Senior Data Scientist with an analytics bias (rather than pure programming). You be must be able to draw actionable insights from data using data science techniques.
- Strong programming ability, including SQL and SAS, with a proven experience of analysing data in a corporate environment
- R or Python
- SAS and SQL
- Exceptional Excel skills including VBA
- Proficient with Data Science stack
- Machine learning and statistical techniques (clustering, regression, association rule mining)
- Evaluation of Data Science techniques and algorithms
This is an initial 3 month contract but very likely to extend!