Middleware Transition Stream Lead
Length: 4 Months
Overview of Project:
My client are transitioning the management of a number of Middleware servers from the supplier to be managed in house.
The Middleware technologies in use are various versions of Tuxedo MQ, Oracle Enterprise Service Bus and WebSphere. The technical work will be conducted by the engineering build team.
While there are five levels of service for each Middleware server, the configuration of the servers are not always in alignment with the service levels. Some Middleware servers do not conform to industry or vendor best practice.
The role is to plan for the transition of each of the Middleware server into support. During the transition the role is to ensure that they conform to the five service levels, industry / vendor best practice and corporate standards.
Activities required of the Middleware Stream Lead will be to plan for and assess for each:
1. Planning and risk assessment
a. standardized builds with exceptions & problems noted
b. High level applications / services mapping
2. Configuration & installation verification checks
a. Compliance with Corporate standards
4. Batch processing
5. Housekeeping routines
6. Global scheduling
7. Alerting and monitoring
8. Patching - audit and assessment
11. Business Continuity
12. Backup & restore
13. Production handover documents
14. Capacity Management Planning & Performance
15. Purging and Archiving
16. Service Management Review
17. Automation maturity assessment and integration with manual and automated tools
The execution will be conducted by the team / engineers and the Middlware Stream Lead will need to manage the process to include knowledge management and transfer into the team so that they can replicate the process at the end of the assignment.
Essentail Skill Set:
• Tuxedo MQ
• Oracle Enterprise Service Bus
• Oracle and MS SQL Performance Troubleshooting
• Experience of leading engineering teams
Desirable Skill Set:
• Azure / Cloud
• Stakeholder management to senior levels
• Project management experience