Xcede’s Data Science team are working exclusively with one of the UK’s leading economic consultancies who are looking for a Data Scientist to join and be permanently based in their London office. The business currently deals with huge mergers and acquisitions, and need a Data Scientist to use their clients’ huge (and often messy) data sets to come up with some valuable insight.
The Data Scientist will work on a variety of projects such as mapping/geographical problems to analyse the legality of a merger, or grouping together text documents. It is a great opportunity for an experienced Data Scientist to take ownership for the data-driven part of the consultancy, working closely with the economists in the UK and the data team in the US.
- PhD (or MSc) in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or a similar field
- Strong Python skills
- Strong visualisation skills
- Experience working in a consulting environment would be a bonus (although client interaction and travel for this role will be minimal)
- A background or interest in economics
- Ability to clearly communicate findings with various stakeholders
- Experience with any geo-analytics (particularly ArcGIS) would be a huge bonus
If you are interested in this or other Data Scientist opportunities please contact Matthew Jones on email@example.com or +44(0)203 301 9931. Unfortunately this position is only available to candidates eligible to work in the EU without sponsorship.
For all of our live Data Scientist positions in the UK please click here - https://www.xcede.co.uk/browse-jobs/permanent-jobs/uk-jobs/data-science-and-big-data-jobs/