Data Modeller / Data Modelling / Business Intelligence / BI
My client based in Central London is in need of two Data Modellers to join them on a 12 month contract.
To develop efficient and scalable Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models for a strategic Enterprise Data Warehouse supporting analytics platform for all Business Areas across the business.
* Review, identify and fill the gaps in the Data Model documentation.
* Develop logical and physical models for Operational Data Layer and Dimensional layer to support operational and strategic analytic reporting.
* Review and maintain future state information model as required in an agile manner.
* Work closely with the ETL, DB and Reporting teams to ensure the designs are understood and any practical consideration of model implementations are fed back to retrofit into the evolving logical model.
*Work with Testing Team to help design Integration and Acceptance test cases.
* Engage in interviews and workshops with the Business Analysts, System Analysts, Source SMEs, Reporting Architect and Stake holders to analyse and understand the data landscape and their models.
You should have:
* Proven track record in dimensional modeling and strong experience and knowledge in kimball and Inmon methodologies.
* Hands on expertise in using Embarcadero ER Studio or Rational suite of modeling tools.
* Expertise in Excel, macros and VBA.
* Experience and exposure to the SDLC of strategic realtime reporting
* Extensive hands on experience in developing and delivery data models.
* Experience in reverse engineering the existing physical models and being able to leverage the existing model definition.