I am working on behalf of a market leading travel business in the UK who are the go-to site when consumers are looking to book a holiday. Working within the search marketing team, they are looking for a Software Engineer to develop in-house tools (Microservices apps) that connect to 3rd party API’s.
Working in smaller, ‘mini start-up’ type teams (in this case a team of 4); this person will need to write clean, tested code that will impact the wider remit of the business and most importantly someone who will take ownership and pride in the quality of their work.
Skills / experience required:
• Proven Java development experience (Scala knowledge a plus)
• Agile Programming experience (XP)
• Akka framework, and Cassandra database knowledge
• Cloud-based design or development background – or hosting (AWS)
• Currently Java, adopting more Scala in the future
• Akka framework
• Cassandra database
• Docker containers
• Atlassian tools (e.g Bamboo)
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a business who have consistently been at the top of employee satisfaction surveys, working in fantastic offices in London (with an entire rooftop inc. restaurant) and a chance to work with the latest tech on Greenfield projects.